Why do ashtrays in these 39 Unique Facts Airplanes provide airplanes
Airbus A380-800 is a large two-level, with four engines and is capable of 850 passengers. Looks to land Airbus A380-800 the preparation at the Farnborough Airshow in Hampshire, England, (2014.07.14). (AFP PHOTO / Carl Court)
Eleven years later, on 25 February 1914 Sikorsky Ilja Muromez does a test flight 16 passengers carry. Meanwhile, Elliot Air Service history records as the first commercial airline.
Today millions and even billions of aircraft passengers use the services every year. Traveling by plane is no longer special.
However, there are a number of interesting facts about the aircraft, which is not widely known. Here are 39 of them, as quoted in the Daily Mail, Saturday (2017.04.01).
The secret staircase airplane
1. Range wing (wingspan) Boeing 747 is 195 meters or 59.4 meters longer than the distance Wright Bersaudara in the first flight of 120 feet.
2. The longest manned flights (with refueling) lasted for 65 days in 1968, a Cessna 172 to promote a hotel in Nevada. The record still holds.
3. P-51 Mustang, the best fighter jet of the United States in the Second World War, were designed from the outset and within four months or 117 days.
4. As a result of heating supesonics at a speed of Mach 2 Concorde, the hull widened 6 to 10 inches on each flight.
5. There are more astronauts owned by US as a Concorde pilot.
6. The span is longer than the Airbus A380 aircraft itself.
Along the span of 80 meters, while the length of 72.7 meters of the iron bird.
Has a size larger than the largest passenger aircraft in the world today, the Airbus A380, which is only 79.8 meters.
7. The average age of aircraft used on domestic flights in the United States is 11 years. Not infrequently, the aircraft is still used, despite its age has reached 30 years.
8. Some airlines will charge you for two seats to charge the body is not enough passenger a seat with the armrest lowered.
9. Most of the Boeing 777 and 787 had a secret staircase leading into the sleeping area of the crew.
10. Every baby born in the airspace of the United States has automatically been US citizens.
11. The possibility of a person killed in a plane crash 1 in 4.7 million.
16. Passengers three-hour flight will drain 1.5 liters of water into the body.
21. The aircraft is designed to withstand lightning strikes.
22. The lights dimmed in the cabin is not to save money, but when the landing run badly and lights do not light up, the eyes of the passengers had used to the darkness.
23. Smoking is prohibited on the level. However, the rules require that every aircraft must be declared airworthy with an ashtray.
These do not have to fully trust the passengers. So they put ashtrays on the toilet as a precaution.
Therefore, the human heart can not make enough blood quickly to make the wings to the maximum flap.
For comparison, a sparrow can pump more than 450 times a minute.
30. British Airways predecessors began Imperial Airways Services in the best luxury
32. On 10 June 1965, the predecessor of British Airways, BEA, a commercial airline, where the passengers automatically pay for tickets for the first landing (landing).
33rd flights fastest transatlantic Concorde occurred on 7 February 1966, from JFK airport in New York to Heathrow, London in only 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds.
The pilot could bring the supersonic aircraft up to 1,300 meters per second or 2080 km an hour.
36. Only five percent of the world’s population have been in an airplane.
37. Heinrich Kubis is the first flight attendant in Germany and the world. He became a flight attendant in 1912.
38. The plane flew alone, but to divide the sky with some flying wild animals. Bees can even be at an altitude of 18000 feet or 5486 meters.
Airplanes in Russia, the bees invaded. (East2West / Daily Mail)